Imphal, 30 June 2017 ( Evening News ) : One Assam Rifles personnel was killed and two others were injured in a bomb blast today in Ukhrul district. The explosion occurred this morning around 7.20 at Ramva Assam Rifles Check point under Shangshak Police Station in Ukhrul. The deceased personnel is identified as Rifleman Biju Saruruwar, 30 years from North Lakhimpur in Assam. The two injured personnel are identified as Rifleman Niharanjan Das, 35 years from Kendra Para District of Orissa and Havildar Yashpal, 37 years from Udhampur District in Jammu & Kashmir. The injured personnel have been lifted by chopper and are being treated at Leimakhong Military Hospital. Sources said the bomb was planted near the Check Point and the deceased personnel was on duty as Security Guard at the Check Point. Some arms were also damaged in the explosion. The area has been cordoned off and security forces are keeping vigil.
One Assam Rifles personnel was killed and two others injured in a bomb blast in Ukhrul district
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.