Imphal, 30 June 2017 ( Evening News ) : One Assam Rifles personnel was killed and two others were injured in a bomb blast today in Ukhrul district. The explosion occurred this morning around 7.20 at Ramva Assam Rifles Check point under Shangshak Police Station in Ukhrul. The deceased personnel is identified as Rifleman Biju Saruruwar, 30 years from North Lakhimpur in Assam. The two injured personnel are identified as Rifleman Niharanjan Das, 35 years from Kendra Para District of Orissa and Havildar Yashpal, 37 years from Udhampur District in Jammu & Kashmir. The injured personnel have been lifted by chopper and are being treated at Leimakhong Military Hospital. Sources said the bomb was planted near the Check Point and the deceased personnel was on duty as Security Guard at the Check Point. Some arms were also damaged in the explosion. The area has been cordoned off and security forces are keeping vigil.
One Assam Rifles personnel was killed and two others injured in a bomb blast in Ukhrul district
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MPCC delegates led by Former CM Okram Ibobi leave Imphal to meet Prime Minister
- 17th The Great June uprising & Unity Day observed
- Prime Minister Modi assures Union Government's assistance to Chief Ministers from flood-affected States
- Union Home Minister has directed the Home Secretary to provide immediate help for the flood affected people : CM Biren
- Health Minister affirms construction of District Hospitals at Sagolmang and Kyamgei
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.