Imphal, 30 June 2017 ( Evening News ) : Chief minister Nongthombam Biren today said the govt is mulling over export of country liquor made in Andro, Sekmai and Phayeng. Speaking at the inaugural function of Andro Santhei Natural Park yesterday Biren recalled that the forefathers described Manipur as the land of jewel. He also appreciated the people of Andro for protecting and maintaining the hills. He asserted that if the people are aware of the significance of environment, there is no need for a Forest Department. Biren further said the cause of landslides and floods in Manipur is due to unchecked felling of trees. He appealed to people to maintain greenery all around like the Santhei people cared for their surroundings. MAHUD Minister, Th Shyamkumar said the villagers of Andro are contributing in checking Global Warming and Andro is fast becoming a tourist spot. Works Minister Th Bishwajit said the Tourism Department should have funded parks like Santhei. He asserted that the government will develop Santhei by spending Rs 200 crores. MLAs Sanasam Bira, L Sushindro, Dr Sapam Ranjan and officials of Tourism Department were also present at the event.
Govt is mulling over export of country liquor made in Andro, Sekmai and Phayeng : CM
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MLA Joykishan slams Delhi Government's indifference to people of the North-East
- Traffic violators fined during Mega Traffic Lok Adalat, people asked to follow traffic rules to prevent accidents
- Coalition for Indigenes Rights Campaign Manipur observes National Repentance Day at Manipur palace
- Students injured as police baton-charge AMSU protestors demanding release of MOBC scholarship
- India will not develop without the development of the north east region: Babul Supriyo
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.