Imphal, 30 June 2017 ( Evening News ) : Chief minister Nongthombam Biren today said the govt is mulling over export of country liquor made in Andro, Sekmai and Phayeng. Speaking at the inaugural function of Andro Santhei Natural Park yesterday Biren recalled that the forefathers described Manipur as the land of jewel. He also appreciated the people of Andro for protecting and maintaining the hills. He asserted that if the people are aware of the significance of environment, there is no need for a Forest Department. Biren further said the cause of landslides and floods in Manipur is due to unchecked felling of trees. He appealed to people to maintain greenery all around like the Santhei people cared for their surroundings. MAHUD Minister, Th Shyamkumar said the villagers of Andro are contributing in checking Global Warming and Andro is fast becoming a tourist spot. Works Minister Th Bishwajit said the Tourism Department should have funded parks like Santhei. He asserted that the government will develop Santhei by spending Rs 200 crores. MLAs Sanasam Bira, L Sushindro, Dr Sapam Ranjan and officials of Tourism Department were also present at the event.
Govt is mulling over export of country liquor made in Andro, Sekmai and Phayeng : CM
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.