Imphal, 30 June 2017 ( Evening News ) : Chief minister Nongthombam Biren today said the govt is mulling over export of country liquor made in Andro, Sekmai and Phayeng. Speaking at the inaugural function of Andro Santhei Natural Park yesterday Biren recalled that the forefathers described Manipur as the land of jewel. He also appreciated the people of Andro for protecting and maintaining the hills. He asserted that if the people are aware of the significance of environment, there is no need for a Forest Department. Biren further said the cause of landslides and floods in Manipur is due to unchecked felling of trees. He appealed to people to maintain greenery all around like the Santhei people cared for their surroundings. MAHUD Minister, Th Shyamkumar said the villagers of Andro are contributing in checking Global Warming and Andro is fast becoming a tourist spot. Works Minister Th Bishwajit said the Tourism Department should have funded parks like Santhei. He asserted that the government will develop Santhei by spending Rs 200 crores. MLAs Sanasam Bira, L Sushindro, Dr Sapam Ranjan and officials of Tourism Department were also present at the event.
Govt is mulling over export of country liquor made in Andro, Sekmai and Phayeng : CM
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Minor who created fake accounts of girls on social media caught
- Laser show and boat torch rally on Loktak lake highlighting the lifestyle of fishing community
- President Ram Nath Kovind arrives in Imphal to inaugurate North East Development Summit and Sangai Festival 2017
- Open dialogue on framework agreement espouses the concept of protecting Manipur’s exclusiveness, polity and flexibility
- PARENTS URGE KANGLEIPAL TO TAKE UP CAUSE, NOT SELF-IMMOLATE
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.