Imphal, 27 June 2017 ( Evening News ) : Over 1 thousand men and women Home guards took out a protest rally organised by Manipur Home Guard Employees Welfare Association demanding to increase their duty allowance. The rally started from Home Guard station at Lamphel and headed towards CM Bungalow to meet Chief Minister, Biren. The rallyist passed through RIMS and came towards Uripok Overbridge under a strict security of Manipur Police to prevent any untoward incident. However they were stopped by the police personal in front of Pologround. A moment of Dispute continued between the police personnel and home guards on having stopped the home guards from proceeding forward. Later the police took 5 representatives of the Home Guard association including its President to meet the Chief Minister at CM Bangalow. Police pelted smoke shell to control the situation as dispute continued between the police and the remaining rallyists and later sent away towards Uripok.
Police pelted smoke shell to control the situation as dispute continued between the police
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- 17th The Great June uprising & Unity Day observed
- Prime Minister Modi assures Union Government's assistance to Chief Ministers from flood-affected States
- Union Home Minister has directed the Home Secretary to provide immediate help for the flood affected people : CM Biren
- Health Minister affirms construction of District Hospitals at Sagolmang and Kyamgei
- National General Secretary of BJP, Arun Singh claims BJP will win both seats of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections 2019 in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.