Imphal, 27 June 2017 ( Evening News ) : Over 1 thousand men and women Home guards took out a protest rally organised by Manipur Home Guard Employees Welfare Association demanding to increase their duty allowance. The rally started from Home Guard station at Lamphel and headed towards CM Bungalow to meet Chief Minister, Biren. The rallyist passed through RIMS and came towards Uripok Overbridge under a strict security of Manipur Police to prevent any untoward incident. However they were stopped by the police personal in front of Pologround. A moment of Dispute continued between the police personnel and home guards on having stopped the home guards from proceeding forward. Later the police took 5 representatives of the Home Guard association including its President to meet the Chief Minister at CM Bangalow. Police pelted smoke shell to control the situation as dispute continued between the police and the remaining rallyists and later sent away towards Uripok.
Police pelted smoke shell to control the situation as dispute continued between the police
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MLA Joykishan slams Delhi Government's indifference to people of the North-East
- Traffic violators fined during Mega Traffic Lok Adalat, people asked to follow traffic rules to prevent accidents
- Coalition for Indigenes Rights Campaign Manipur observes National Repentance Day at Manipur palace
- Students injured as police baton-charge AMSU protestors demanding release of MOBC scholarship
- India will not develop without the development of the north east region: Babul Supriyo
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.