Imphal, 27 June 2017 ( Evening News ) : Over 1 thousand men and women Home guards took out a protest rally organised by Manipur Home Guard Employees Welfare Association demanding to increase their duty allowance. The rally started from Home Guard station at Lamphel and headed towards CM Bungalow to meet Chief Minister, Biren. The rallyist passed through RIMS and came towards Uripok Overbridge under a strict security of Manipur Police to prevent any untoward incident. However they were stopped by the police personal in front of Pologround. A moment of Dispute continued between the police personnel and home guards on having stopped the home guards from proceeding forward. Later the police took 5 representatives of the Home Guard association including its President to meet the Chief Minister at CM Bangalow. Police pelted smoke shell to control the situation as dispute continued between the police and the remaining rallyists and later sent away towards Uripok.
Police pelted smoke shell to control the situation as dispute continued between the police
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Minor who created fake accounts of girls on social media caught
- Laser show and boat torch rally on Loktak lake highlighting the lifestyle of fishing community
- President Ram Nath Kovind arrives in Imphal to inaugurate North East Development Summit and Sangai Festival 2017
- Open dialogue on framework agreement espouses the concept of protecting Manipur’s exclusiveness, polity and flexibility
- PARENTS URGE KANGLEIPAL TO TAKE UP CAUSE, NOT SELF-IMMOLATE
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.