Imphal, 27 June 2017 ( Evening News ) : Over 1 thousand men and women Home guards took out a protest rally organised by Manipur Home Guard Employees Welfare Association demanding to increase their duty allowance. The rally started from Home Guard station at Lamphel and headed towards CM Bungalow to meet Chief Minister, Biren. The rallyist passed through RIMS and came towards Uripok Overbridge under a strict security of Manipur Police to prevent any untoward incident. However they were stopped by the police personal in front of Pologround. A moment of Dispute continued between the police personnel and home guards on having stopped the home guards from proceeding forward. Later the police took 5 representatives of the Home Guard association including its President to meet the Chief Minister at CM Bangalow. Police pelted smoke shell to control the situation as dispute continued between the police and the remaining rallyists and later sent away towards Uripok.
Police pelted smoke shell to control the situation as dispute continued between the police
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.