Imphal, 26 June 2017 ( Evening News ) : BJP Manipur Pradesh observed the “Black Day of Emergency” in remembrance of the emergency imposed on June 25th 975 by the then Prime Minister, Indira Gandhi. The party observed the day at the their office in Nityaipat Chuthek. Speaking on the occasion, Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren said the revolt against emergency by people of the time laid the foundation for today’s democracy. He said people are the most important entity in a democratic country. He further stated that people of the hills and the valley now exist in peace and harmony because of the initiatives taken within 100 days of BJP-led Government. Gifts were presented to the families of forefathers who sacrificed their lives in the revolt against the challenge to democracy and to those who are still alive. Works Minister, Thongam Biswajit, party leaders and members attended the event.
CM says people's fight against emergency was the base for democracy
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.