Imphal, 26 June 2017 ( Evening News ) : BJP Manipur Pradesh observed the “Black Day of Emergency” in remembrance of the emergency imposed on June 25th 975 by the then Prime Minister, Indira Gandhi. The party observed the day at the their office in Nityaipat Chuthek. Speaking on the occasion, Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren said the revolt against emergency by people of the time laid the foundation for today’s democracy. He said people are the most important entity in a democratic country. He further stated that people of the hills and the valley now exist in peace and harmony because of the initiatives taken within 100 days of BJP-led Government. Gifts were presented to the families of forefathers who sacrificed their lives in the revolt against the challenge to democracy and to those who are still alive. Works Minister, Thongam Biswajit, party leaders and members attended the event.
CM says people's fight against emergency was the base for democracy
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Co-ordinating Committee of Polo Clubs urges govt to frame policy to save Manipuri pony
- 2 Congress MLAs Ksh. Biren and P. Brojen join BJP along with two MPCC office bearers
- H1N1 virus detected in Manipur, Health minister Jayentakumar says the infected person is admitted at Shija hospitals
- Local liquor and beer bottles from Moreh market were seized
- Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren launches free Computer Training Programme
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.