Imphal, 26 June 2017 ( Evening News ): Eid-ul-Fitr, which marks the culmination of the month-long fasting, was celebrated by the Muslims across Manipur today. The occasion was celebrated at the Idgah in Lilong Hangamthabi. Mufti of the Idgah, Sabeer Shah wished for the chaos to end and hoped for a peaceful and prosperous society on the occasion. By fasting for a month, he asserted that people still follow the teachings of Mohammad that one must first go through pain in order to attain happiness. Sabeer Shah further said, Mohammad's teachings also include equal development of the rich and poor. The celebration was marked by offering prayers at mosques and idgahs, exchanging greetings, visiting friends and relatives, savouring special delicacies and exchanging pleasantries.
Eid-ul-Fitr, which marks the culmination of the month-long fasting, celebrated by the Muslims across Manipur
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Minor who created fake accounts of girls on social media caught
- Laser show and boat torch rally on Loktak lake highlighting the lifestyle of fishing community
- President Ram Nath Kovind arrives in Imphal to inaugurate North East Development Summit and Sangai Festival 2017
- Open dialogue on framework agreement espouses the concept of protecting Manipur’s exclusiveness, polity and flexibility
- PARENTS URGE KANGLEIPAL TO TAKE UP CAUSE, NOT SELF-IMMOLATE
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.