Imphal, 26 June 2017 ( Evening News ): Eid-ul-Fitr, which marks the culmination of the month-long fasting, was celebrated by the Muslims across Manipur today. The occasion was celebrated at the Idgah in Lilong Hangamthabi. Mufti of the Idgah, Sabeer Shah wished for the chaos to end and hoped for a peaceful and prosperous society on the occasion. By fasting for a month, he asserted that people still follow the teachings of Mohammad that one must first go through pain in order to attain happiness. Sabeer Shah further said, Mohammad's teachings also include equal development of the rich and poor. The celebration was marked by offering prayers at mosques and idgahs, exchanging greetings, visiting friends and relatives, savouring special delicacies and exchanging pleasantries.
Eid-ul-Fitr, which marks the culmination of the month-long fasting, celebrated by the Muslims across Manipur
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- 17th The Great June uprising & Unity Day observed
- Prime Minister Modi assures Union Government's assistance to Chief Ministers from flood-affected States
- Union Home Minister has directed the Home Secretary to provide immediate help for the flood affected people : CM Biren
- Health Minister affirms construction of District Hospitals at Sagolmang and Kyamgei
- National General Secretary of BJP, Arun Singh claims BJP will win both seats of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections 2019 in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.