Imphal, 26 June 2017 ( Evening News ): Eid-ul-Fitr, which marks the culmination of the month-long fasting, was celebrated by the Muslims across Manipur today. The occasion was celebrated at the Idgah in Lilong Hangamthabi. Mufti of the Idgah, Sabeer Shah wished for the chaos to end and hoped for a peaceful and prosperous society on the occasion. By fasting for a month, he asserted that people still follow the teachings of Mohammad that one must first go through pain in order to attain happiness. Sabeer Shah further said, Mohammad's teachings also include equal development of the rich and poor. The celebration was marked by offering prayers at mosques and idgahs, exchanging greetings, visiting friends and relatives, savouring special delicacies and exchanging pleasantries.
Eid-ul-Fitr, which marks the culmination of the month-long fasting, celebrated by the Muslims across Manipur
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.