Imphal, 26 June 2017 ( Evening News ): Eid-ul-Fitr, which marks the culmination of the month-long fasting, was celebrated by the Muslims across Manipur today. The occasion was celebrated at the Idgah in Lilong Hangamthabi. Mufti of the Idgah, Sabeer Shah wished for the chaos to end and hoped for a peaceful and prosperous society on the occasion. By fasting for a month, he asserted that people still follow the teachings of Mohammad that one must first go through pain in order to attain happiness. Sabeer Shah further said, Mohammad's teachings also include equal development of the rich and poor. The celebration was marked by offering prayers at mosques and idgahs, exchanging greetings, visiting friends and relatives, savouring special delicacies and exchanging pleasantries.
Eid-ul-Fitr, which marks the culmination of the month-long fasting, celebrated by the Muslims across Manipur
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MLA Joykishan slams Delhi Government's indifference to people of the North-East
- Traffic violators fined during Mega Traffic Lok Adalat, people asked to follow traffic rules to prevent accidents
- Coalition for Indigenes Rights Campaign Manipur observes National Repentance Day at Manipur palace
- Students injured as police baton-charge AMSU protestors demanding release of MOBC scholarship
- India will not develop without the development of the north east region: Babul Supriyo
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.