Imphal, 26 June 2017 ( Evening News ): Eid-ul-Fitr, which marks the culmination of the month-long fasting, was celebrated by the Muslims across Manipur today. The occasion was celebrated at the Idgah in Lilong Hangamthabi. Mufti of the Idgah, Sabeer Shah wished for the chaos to end and hoped for a peaceful and prosperous society on the occasion. By fasting for a month, he asserted that people still follow the teachings of Mohammad that one must first go through pain in order to attain happiness. Sabeer Shah further said, Mohammad's teachings also include equal development of the rich and poor. The celebration was marked by offering prayers at mosques and idgahs, exchanging greetings, visiting friends and relatives, savouring special delicacies and exchanging pleasantries.
Eid-ul-Fitr, which marks the culmination of the month-long fasting, celebrated by the Muslims across Manipur
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Co-ordinating Committee of Polo Clubs urges govt to frame policy to save Manipuri pony
- 2 Congress MLAs Ksh. Biren and P. Brojen join BJP along with two MPCC office bearers
- H1N1 virus detected in Manipur, Health minister Jayentakumar says the infected person is admitted at Shija hospitals
- Local liquor and beer bottles from Moreh market were seized
- Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren launches free Computer Training Programme
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.