Imphal, 25 June 2017 ( Evening News ) : After a gap of 15 long years, Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren launched the Inter District Bus Service and City Bus Service today. Speaking on the occasion, the chief minister asserted that the beginning of public transport systems will lead to cordial relationships between the hills and the valley. He flagged off the Imphal-Pherzwal Express, the first public transport service, also known as Manipur State Transport-MST from MSRTC Complex, Moirangkhom. Ministers Thongam Bishwajit, Th. Shyamkumar, Karam Shyam, Th. Radheshyam, parliamentary secretaries, top officials of civil and police were among those present at the flagging off ceremony. Later, the Chief Minister, Ministers, Parliamentary Secretaries and government officials launched the low floor buses for City Bus Service at ISBT, Chingmeirong. Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren termed the beginning of public transport system as giving life to the dead. Public transport will help reduce the pain of a common man who pay a lot of money for transportation purposes. The chief minister said MST will prosper only when its employees work transparently. Inter district Bus Service was launched on Imphal- Noney, Imphal-Moreh, Imphal-Pherzawl, Imphal-Yairipok, Imphal-Kakching and Imphal-Moirang. Public transport for the remaining districts will also be launched at the earliest.
After a gap of 15 long years, CM launcheS the Inter District Bus Service and City Bus Service
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Minor who created fake accounts of girls on social media caught
- Laser show and boat torch rally on Loktak lake highlighting the lifestyle of fishing community
- President Ram Nath Kovind arrives in Imphal to inaugurate North East Development Summit and Sangai Festival 2017
- Open dialogue on framework agreement espouses the concept of protecting Manipur’s exclusiveness, polity and flexibility
- PARENTS URGE KANGLEIPAL TO TAKE UP CAUSE, NOT SELF-IMMOLATE
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.