Imphal, 25 June 2017 ( Evening News ) : After a gap of 15 long years, Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren launched the Inter District Bus Service and City Bus Service today. Speaking on the occasion, the chief minister asserted that the beginning of public transport systems will lead to cordial relationships between the hills and the valley. He flagged off the Imphal-Pherzwal Express, the first public transport service, also known as Manipur State Transport-MST from MSRTC Complex, Moirangkhom. Ministers Thongam Bishwajit, Th. Shyamkumar, Karam Shyam, Th. Radheshyam, parliamentary secretaries, top officials of civil and police were among those present at the flagging off ceremony. Later, the Chief Minister, Ministers, Parliamentary Secretaries and government officials launched the low floor buses for City Bus Service at ISBT, Chingmeirong. Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren termed the beginning of public transport system as giving life to the dead. Public transport will help reduce the pain of a common man who pay a lot of money for transportation purposes. The chief minister said MST will prosper only when its employees work transparently. Inter district Bus Service was launched on Imphal- Noney, Imphal-Moreh, Imphal-Pherzawl, Imphal-Yairipok, Imphal-Kakching and Imphal-Moirang. Public transport for the remaining districts will also be launched at the earliest.
After a gap of 15 long years, CM launcheS the Inter District Bus Service and City Bus Service
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Co-ordinating Committee of Polo Clubs urges govt to frame policy to save Manipuri pony
- 2 Congress MLAs Ksh. Biren and P. Brojen join BJP along with two MPCC office bearers
- H1N1 virus detected in Manipur, Health minister Jayentakumar says the infected person is admitted at Shija hospitals
- Local liquor and beer bottles from Moreh market were seized
- Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren launches free Computer Training Programme
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.