Imphal, 25 June 2017 ( Evening News ) : After a gap of 15 long years, Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren launched the Inter District Bus Service and City Bus Service today. Speaking on the occasion, the chief minister asserted that the beginning of public transport systems will lead to cordial relationships between the hills and the valley. He flagged off the Imphal-Pherzwal Express, the first public transport service, also known as Manipur State Transport-MST from MSRTC Complex, Moirangkhom. Ministers Thongam Bishwajit, Th. Shyamkumar, Karam Shyam, Th. Radheshyam, parliamentary secretaries, top officials of civil and police were among those present at the flagging off ceremony. Later, the Chief Minister, Ministers, Parliamentary Secretaries and government officials launched the low floor buses for City Bus Service at ISBT, Chingmeirong. Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren termed the beginning of public transport system as giving life to the dead. Public transport will help reduce the pain of a common man who pay a lot of money for transportation purposes. The chief minister said MST will prosper only when its employees work transparently. Inter district Bus Service was launched on Imphal- Noney, Imphal-Moreh, Imphal-Pherzawl, Imphal-Yairipok, Imphal-Kakching and Imphal-Moirang. Public transport for the remaining districts will also be launched at the earliest.
After a gap of 15 long years, CM launcheS the Inter District Bus Service and City Bus Service
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MPCC delegates led by Former CM Okram Ibobi leave Imphal to meet Prime Minister
- 17th The Great June uprising & Unity Day observed
- Prime Minister Modi assures Union Government's assistance to Chief Ministers from flood-affected States
- Union Home Minister has directed the Home Secretary to provide immediate help for the flood affected people : CM Biren
- Health Minister affirms construction of District Hospitals at Sagolmang and Kyamgei
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.