Imphal, 23 June 2017 ( Evening News ) : Social Welfare Minister, Nemcha Kipgen today launched the -Women Helpline number 181 to fight crimes against women in the state. Minister Nemcha inaugurated the office of the helpline at the office of Manipur State Commission for Women in DC complex, Imphal West. Speaking at the event held at Kuranga Nayani Hall, DC Complex, Minister Nemcha Kipgen asserted that all the persons who assault women physically or mentally deserve to be punished. She said violence against women is not new, however it has been increasing nowadays. A toll free 24/7 telecom services will provide assistance to women affected by violence, seeking support and information on schemes and programmes related to women empowerment and protection will be disseminated. The minister maintained that women should be respected, not humiliated. She expressed the hope that the helpline service will provide help to women. Chairperson of Manipur State Commission for Women Dr. K. Sobita, Principal Secretary, JC Ramthanga, Social Welfare Director Jacintha Lazarus, DC Imphal West N. Geoffrey were among those present at the launch of the helpline.
Social Welfare Minister, Nemcha Kipgen today launched the -Women Helpline number 181 to fight crimes against women
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Minor who created fake accounts of girls on social media caught
- Laser show and boat torch rally on Loktak lake highlighting the lifestyle of fishing community
- President Ram Nath Kovind arrives in Imphal to inaugurate North East Development Summit and Sangai Festival 2017
- Open dialogue on framework agreement espouses the concept of protecting Manipur’s exclusiveness, polity and flexibility
- PARENTS URGE KANGLEIPAL TO TAKE UP CAUSE, NOT SELF-IMMOLATE
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.