Imphal, 23 June 2017 ( Evening News ) : Social Welfare Minister, Nemcha Kipgen today launched the -Women Helpline number 181 to fight crimes against women in the state. Minister Nemcha inaugurated the office of the helpline at the office of Manipur State Commission for Women in DC complex, Imphal West. Speaking at the event held at Kuranga Nayani Hall, DC Complex, Minister Nemcha Kipgen asserted that all the persons who assault women physically or mentally deserve to be punished. She said violence against women is not new, however it has been increasing nowadays. A toll free 24/7 telecom services will provide assistance to women affected by violence, seeking support and information on schemes and programmes related to women empowerment and protection will be disseminated. The minister maintained that women should be respected, not humiliated. She expressed the hope that the helpline service will provide help to women. Chairperson of Manipur State Commission for Women Dr. K. Sobita, Principal Secretary, JC Ramthanga, Social Welfare Director Jacintha Lazarus, DC Imphal West N. Geoffrey were among those present at the launch of the helpline.
Social Welfare Minister, Nemcha Kipgen today launched the -Women Helpline number 181 to fight crimes against women
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MLA Joykishan slams Delhi Government's indifference to people of the North-East
- Traffic violators fined during Mega Traffic Lok Adalat, people asked to follow traffic rules to prevent accidents
- Coalition for Indigenes Rights Campaign Manipur observes National Repentance Day at Manipur palace
- Students injured as police baton-charge AMSU protestors demanding release of MOBC scholarship
- India will not develop without the development of the north east region: Babul Supriyo
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.