Imphal, 16 June 2017 ( Evening News ) : Industry minister Th. Biswajit had discussed trade prospects between Manipur and Baoshan in agriculture, minerals, processed food, hand-loom and handicrafts products agriculture, hand-loom and handicrafts products with Mayor of Baoshan Municipal Authority, Yunan Province, China, Yang Jun. Manipur team led by the minister discussed several issues including upgradation of the economic cooperation especially in the fields of the industry, agriculture and tourism sectors with the mayor. Minister Biswajit is attending the South & South East Asia Commodity Expo and Investment Fair, 2017 at Dianchi International Convention and International Sistership pavilion at Kunming, Yunan Province. This fair provides a new platform of pragmatic exchanges and cooperation for establishing friendly relations between India and China. Biswajit also highlighted the prospect of popularising king chilly (U-morok) in Baoshan and export of cotton from India via Manipur to China. He also expressed the need to promote cultural exchanges and tourism sector between the two countries. Biswajit invited Mayor of Baoshan and his team to Sangai Festival, 2017. The team include MLA Dr. S. Ranjan who is also Parliamentary Secretary for Tourism and officials of Commerce and Industries.
Minister Biswajit discusses trade prospects between Manipur and Baoshan in agriculture, hand-loom and handicrafts products
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Sit-in protest against the arrest of Aribam Rikesh
- Congress Spokesperson Khumukcham Joykisan demands the state Govt to clarify if the ceasefire between NSCN-IM and Indian Govt includes Manipur
- Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren launches pradhan mantri dialysis programme; patients to receive free dialysis under the programme
- At least 2000 houses and paddy fields have been submerged under flood waters in Khundrakpam
- BJP leader Thounaojam Chaoba alleges over Rs 300 crore NFSA scam in the state
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.