Imphal, 13 June 2017 ( Evening News ) : Governor Dr Najma Heptulla today visited the women's markets in Imphal for the first time after she became the governor of Manipur and listened to grievances of women vendors. She assured them of notifying the state and central Governments of the inconveniences faced by women vendors. Two of the three women markets in Khwairamband bazaar which were damaged in last year's earth quake are still under repair. The Governor met the women vendors who are facing inconveniences due to non-availability of vending spaces due to the repair work. She made her first stop at the temporary market behind Johnstone Higher Secondary School and interacted with the vendors. She listened to women vendors as they shared their grievances with her. She later visited Ima Market and spent time with the women vendors of the market. The governor also offered flowers to Keithel Lairembi and Ima Leimaren Sidabi located in the market. The vendors presented clothes, necklace and other items to her. Speaking to media persons during the visit Dr Najma Heptulla expressed her happiness over meeting with the women vendors of Ima market, the only women's market in the world. She also assured them of developing the markets.
Governor Dr Najma Heptulla visits women's markets in Imphal for the first time and listens to grievances of women vendors
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Traffic violators fined during Mega Traffic Lok Adalat, people asked to follow traffic rules to prevent accidents
- Coalition for Indigenes Rights Campaign Manipur observes National Repentance Day at Manipur palace
- Students injured as police baton-charge AMSU protestors demanding release of MOBC scholarship
- India will not develop without the development of the north east region: Babul Supriyo
- Forest minister Shyamkumar urges people to protect environment and plant trees on World Ozone day
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.