Imphal, 08 June 2017 ( Evening News ) : Authority continued food safety drive today in Hapta Golapati in Imphal east. A team of Food Safety Enforcement Wing, Imphal East today conducted drive against sale of tobacco products and meat shops along the main road in Hatta Golapati. Trouble erupted when a group of women in Hatta attempted to snatch the confiscated from the team of the Food Safety Enforcement Wing, Imphal East. A team of Food Safety Enforcement Wing, Imphal East began the drive at 10 this morning from Hatta Golapati till Checkon. They confiscated tobacco products including zarda, khaini and food items brought in from Moreh from the shops. They also checked the meat shops in the area. The team sealed shops which were selling meat without the FSSAI license and in hazardous conditions. While the team was checking the shops, a group of women came out and tried to snatch the confiscated tobacco items around noon. Scuffles ensued between the women and members of the Food Safety Enforcement Wing, Imphal East. An additional police force was rushed at the site to control the situation and the drive continued.
Food safety drive continues in Imphal east, meat shops on roadside at Hatta Golapati sealed
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MPCC delegates led by Former CM Okram Ibobi leave Imphal to meet Prime Minister
- 17th The Great June uprising & Unity Day observed
- Prime Minister Modi assures Union Government's assistance to Chief Ministers from flood-affected States
- Union Home Minister has directed the Home Secretary to provide immediate help for the flood affected people : CM Biren
- Health Minister affirms construction of District Hospitals at Sagolmang and Kyamgei
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.