Imphal, 02 June 2017 ( Evening News ) : The bank of the Imphal river collapsed in Uchiwa area of Mayang Imphal inundating several houses and hectares of paddy fields. Mayang Imphal MLA and Parliamentary Secretary Education, Kongkham Robindro today inspected the flood affected areas in the constituency. He also visited Mayang Imphal Uchiwa Wangbal Awang Leikai and assured the affected people of immediate measures to fight the situation. The bank of the river collapsed in a stretch of about 30 feet inundating several houses in Uchiwa Wangbal Awang Leikai, Uchiwa Loukok, Uchiwa Bengul, Uchiwa Meitei Khul and Uchiwa Kabui. More than 2000 hectares of paddy fields have also been submerged by flood. 3 relief camps have been opened at Uchiwa Wangbal Awang leikai to shelter the flood affected families. They have been provided with essential items. The MLA also saw the condition of road at Mayai Lambi. He assured to help the families whose houses have been destroyed by flood after consultations with the govt.
The bank of Imphal river collapses in Mayang Imphal, several houses and over 2000 hectares of paddy fields inundated in Uchiwa
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.