Imphal, 02 June 2017 ( Evening News ) : The bank of the Imphal river collapsed in Uchiwa area of Mayang Imphal inundating several houses and hectares of paddy fields. Mayang Imphal MLA and Parliamentary Secretary Education, Kongkham Robindro today inspected the flood affected areas in the constituency. He also visited Mayang Imphal Uchiwa Wangbal Awang Leikai and assured the affected people of immediate measures to fight the situation. The bank of the river collapsed in a stretch of about 30 feet inundating several houses in Uchiwa Wangbal Awang Leikai, Uchiwa Loukok, Uchiwa Bengul, Uchiwa Meitei Khul and Uchiwa Kabui. More than 2000 hectares of paddy fields have also been submerged by flood. 3 relief camps have been opened at Uchiwa Wangbal Awang leikai to shelter the flood affected families. They have been provided with essential items. The MLA also saw the condition of road at Mayai Lambi. He assured to help the families whose houses have been destroyed by flood after consultations with the govt.
The bank of Imphal river collapses in Mayang Imphal, several houses and over 2000 hectares of paddy fields inundated in Uchiwa
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- In a shocking incident a 15-year old girl was shot dead in Moreh, family suspects one sided love angle behind the murder
- One day dialogue on establishing Manipur State Human Rights Commission stresses need to protect human rights
- Co-ordinating Committee of Polo Clubs urges govt to frame policy to save Manipuri pony
- 2 Congress MLAs Ksh. Biren and P. Brojen join BJP along with two MPCC office bearers
- H1N1 virus detected in Manipur, Health minister Jayentakumar says the infected person is admitted at Shija hospitals
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.