Imphal, 02 June 2017 ( Evening News ) : The bank of the Imphal river collapsed in Uchiwa area of Mayang Imphal inundating several houses and hectares of paddy fields. Mayang Imphal MLA and Parliamentary Secretary Education, Kongkham Robindro today inspected the flood affected areas in the constituency. He also visited Mayang Imphal Uchiwa Wangbal Awang Leikai and assured the affected people of immediate measures to fight the situation. The bank of the river collapsed in a stretch of about 30 feet inundating several houses in Uchiwa Wangbal Awang Leikai, Uchiwa Loukok, Uchiwa Bengul, Uchiwa Meitei Khul and Uchiwa Kabui. More than 2000 hectares of paddy fields have also been submerged by flood. 3 relief camps have been opened at Uchiwa Wangbal Awang leikai to shelter the flood affected families. They have been provided with essential items. The MLA also saw the condition of road at Mayai Lambi. He assured to help the families whose houses have been destroyed by flood after consultations with the govt.
The bank of Imphal river collapses in Mayang Imphal, several houses and over 2000 hectares of paddy fields inundated in Uchiwa
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Traffic violators fined during Mega Traffic Lok Adalat, people asked to follow traffic rules to prevent accidents
- Coalition for Indigenes Rights Campaign Manipur observes National Repentance Day at Manipur palace
- Students injured as police baton-charge AMSU protestors demanding release of MOBC scholarship
- India will not develop without the development of the north east region: Babul Supriyo
- Forest minister Shyamkumar urges people to protect environment and plant trees on World Ozone day
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.