Imphal, 02 June 2017 ( Evening News ) : Manipur Legislative Assembly today paid obituary reference to its former member Karam Thamarjit who passed away recently in a hospital in Delhi. The members observed 2-minute silence as a mark of respect to the departed Congress MLA who was elected from Keirao constituency in the 11th assembly election in 2012. In his obituary reference Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren said the death of Karam Thamarjit is a great loss for the people of the state. He also spoke about the contribution of the late member. Speaker, Y. Khemchand, former Chief Minister Okram Ibobi, ministers Karam Shyam, Th Biswajit, Losi Dikho, Nemcha Kipgen and MLA Paonam Brojen, also made obituary reference. Paying his obituary reference Keirao MLA Lourembam Rameshwor assured the House that he will work to fulfil the aspirations of Karam Thamarjit and complete the works left incomplete by him. He also told the members that works have been initiated to build a memorial park in his name. Chief Minister Biren today presented the second report of the Business Advisory Committee. Deputy Chief Minister Yumnam Joykumar who also holds the Finance portfolio introduced The Manipur Goods and Services Tax Bill 2017. Introducing the bill the deputy chief minister urged the House to pass the bill for the benefit of the state. The House will meet on June 5 to discuss the bill. MLAs , RK Imo, Ksh Biren snd Dr. Chaltonlien Amo did not attend the session as they were on leave on medical ground. The Congress MLAs who have joined the BJP sat in the opposition benches except minister Thounaojam Shyamkumar.
Manipur Assembly condoles death of former MLA Karam Thamarjit, Deputy chief minister introduces Manipur GST bill 2017
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- CM Biren finally lands in Imphal safely this morning ; birds hit the flight he was on board yesterday
- CM Biren calls on Union Home Minister Rajnath; discussed about various issues and developmental works in the State
- 29th Driver’s day is being observed by paying tribute to the deceased drivers of the land across the state
- Minister Thongam Biswajit says the State Government targets to electrify the State by December this year
- Manipur revere Maharaja Ghambir Singh on his 184th death anniversary; CM Biren urged not to enter politics if one has no love for one's motherland
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.