Imphal, 02 June 2017 ( Evening News ) : Manipur Legislative Assembly today paid obituary reference to its former member Karam Thamarjit who passed away recently in a hospital in Delhi. The members observed 2-minute silence as a mark of respect to the departed Congress MLA who was elected from Keirao constituency in the 11th assembly election in 2012. In his obituary reference Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren said the death of Karam Thamarjit is a great loss for the people of the state. He also spoke about the contribution of the late member. Speaker, Y. Khemchand, former Chief Minister Okram Ibobi, ministers Karam Shyam, Th Biswajit, Losi Dikho, Nemcha Kipgen and MLA Paonam Brojen, also made obituary reference. Paying his obituary reference Keirao MLA Lourembam Rameshwor assured the House that he will work to fulfil the aspirations of Karam Thamarjit and complete the works left incomplete by him. He also told the members that works have been initiated to build a memorial park in his name. Chief Minister Biren today presented the second report of the Business Advisory Committee. Deputy Chief Minister Yumnam Joykumar who also holds the Finance portfolio introduced The Manipur Goods and Services Tax Bill 2017. Introducing the bill the deputy chief minister urged the House to pass the bill for the benefit of the state. The House will meet on June 5 to discuss the bill. MLAs , RK Imo, Ksh Biren snd Dr. Chaltonlien Amo did not attend the session as they were on leave on medical ground. The Congress MLAs who have joined the BJP sat in the opposition benches except minister Thounaojam Shyamkumar.
Manipur Assembly condoles death of former MLA Karam Thamarjit, Deputy chief minister introduces Manipur GST bill 2017
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Sit-in protest against the arrest of Aribam Rikesh
- Congress Spokesperson Khumukcham Joykisan demands the state Govt to clarify if the ceasefire between NSCN-IM and Indian Govt includes Manipur
- Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren launches pradhan mantri dialysis programme; patients to receive free dialysis under the programme
- At least 2000 houses and paddy fields have been submerged under flood waters in Khundrakpam
- Minister Biswajit discusses trade prospects between Manipur and Baoshan in agriculture, hand-loom and handicrafts products
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.