Imphal, 01 June 2017 ( Evening News ) : Representatives of Peoples Action Committee, PAC formed against the murder of Soram Lakhipyari and Irengbam ongbi Monika have urged Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren to solve the twin murder. The PAC also demanded setting up of a Fast Track Court for speedy trial of cases of crimes against women and punishment to culprits involved in the crimes. Addressing media persons at Manipur Press Club today, Convenor of the PAC, Hijam Bikramjit said, the Chief Minister has given assurance to set up a Fast Track Court in the state. He added the dead bodies of the mother and daughter will not be claimed until the culprits are identified. It may be recalled that Soram ongbi Lakhipyari and her daughter Irengbam ongbi Monika were murdered by unknown persons on the evening of May 30 at Uripok Bachaspati Maning Leikai.
PAC demanded setting up of a Fast Track Court for speedy trial of cases
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Traffic violators fined during Mega Traffic Lok Adalat, people asked to follow traffic rules to prevent accidents
- Coalition for Indigenes Rights Campaign Manipur observes National Repentance Day at Manipur palace
- Students injured as police baton-charge AMSU protestors demanding release of MOBC scholarship
- India will not develop without the development of the north east region: Babul Supriyo
- Forest minister Shyamkumar urges people to protect environment and plant trees on World Ozone day
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.