Imphal, 01 June 2017 ( Evening News ) : Representatives of Peoples Action Committee, PAC formed against the murder of Soram Lakhipyari and Irengbam ongbi Monika have urged Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren to solve the twin murder. The PAC also demanded setting up of a Fast Track Court for speedy trial of cases of crimes against women and punishment to culprits involved in the crimes. Addressing media persons at Manipur Press Club today, Convenor of the PAC, Hijam Bikramjit said, the Chief Minister has given assurance to set up a Fast Track Court in the state. He added the dead bodies of the mother and daughter will not be claimed until the culprits are identified. It may be recalled that Soram ongbi Lakhipyari and her daughter Irengbam ongbi Monika were murdered by unknown persons on the evening of May 30 at Uripok Bachaspati Maning Leikai.
PAC demanded setting up of a Fast Track Court for speedy trial of cases
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- CM Biren finally lands in Imphal safely this morning ; birds hit the flight he was on board yesterday
- CM Biren calls on Union Home Minister Rajnath; discussed about various issues and developmental works in the State
- 29th Driver’s day is being observed by paying tribute to the deceased drivers of the land across the state
- Minister Thongam Biswajit says the State Government targets to electrify the State by December this year
- Manipur revere Maharaja Ghambir Singh on his 184th death anniversary; CM Biren urged not to enter politics if one has no love for one's motherland
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.