Imphal, 01 June 2017 ( Evening News ) : Representatives of Peoples Action Committee, PAC formed against the murder of Soram Lakhipyari and Irengbam ongbi Monika have urged Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren to solve the twin murder. The PAC also demanded setting up of a Fast Track Court for speedy trial of cases of crimes against women and punishment to culprits involved in the crimes. Addressing media persons at Manipur Press Club today, Convenor of the PAC, Hijam Bikramjit said, the Chief Minister has given assurance to set up a Fast Track Court in the state. He added the dead bodies of the mother and daughter will not be claimed until the culprits are identified. It may be recalled that Soram ongbi Lakhipyari and her daughter Irengbam ongbi Monika were murdered by unknown persons on the evening of May 30 at Uripok Bachaspati Maning Leikai.
PAC demanded setting up of a Fast Track Court for speedy trial of cases
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- In a shocking incident a 15-year old girl was shot dead in Moreh, family suspects one sided love angle behind the murder
- One day dialogue on establishing Manipur State Human Rights Commission stresses need to protect human rights
- Co-ordinating Committee of Polo Clubs urges govt to frame policy to save Manipuri pony
- 2 Congress MLAs Ksh. Biren and P. Brojen join BJP along with two MPCC office bearers
- H1N1 virus detected in Manipur, Health minister Jayentakumar says the infected person is admitted at Shija hospitals
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.