Imphal, 28 May 2017 ( Evening News ) : A woman was found dead under suspicious circumstances at Tera Soyam Leirak. The deceased woman who left behind a few weeks old son was found hanging at a rented house. Police halted the husband of the deceased from conducting the funeral of the woman near the river bank at TYC ground, New Lambulane, after people saw him conducting the funeral in a suspicious manner. The deceased is identified as Thounaojam ningol Shanti, 38 years. She was the second wife of R.K Modhusana 43 from Singjamei Wangma Torban. Police said the first wife of Modhusana, Oinam ningol Shanta, 44 years was also seen with him at the river bank. They were trying to burn the body without performing any traditional rituals. A team of Imphal West Police arrested R.K Modhusana and his first wife Oinam Shanta. Police has registered a case. Meanwhile a team of Forensic Experts visited the site and examined the body.
A woman was found dead under suspicious circumstances
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- CM Biren finally lands in Imphal safely this morning ; birds hit the flight he was on board yesterday
- CM Biren calls on Union Home Minister Rajnath; discussed about various issues and developmental works in the State
- 29th Driver’s day is being observed by paying tribute to the deceased drivers of the land across the state
- Minister Thongam Biswajit says the State Government targets to electrify the State by December this year
- Manipur revere Maharaja Ghambir Singh on his 184th death anniversary; CM Biren urged not to enter politics if one has no love for one's motherland
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.