Imphal, 28 May 2017 ( Evening News ) : A woman was found dead under suspicious circumstances at Tera Soyam Leirak. The deceased woman who left behind a few weeks old son was found hanging at a rented house. Police halted the husband of the deceased from conducting the funeral of the woman near the river bank at TYC ground, New Lambulane, after people saw him conducting the funeral in a suspicious manner. The deceased is identified as Thounaojam ningol Shanti, 38 years. She was the second wife of R.K Modhusana 43 from Singjamei Wangma Torban. Police said the first wife of Modhusana, Oinam ningol Shanta, 44 years was also seen with him at the river bank. They were trying to burn the body without performing any traditional rituals. A team of Imphal West Police arrested R.K Modhusana and his first wife Oinam Shanta. Police has registered a case. Meanwhile a team of Forensic Experts visited the site and examined the body.
A woman was found dead under suspicious circumstances
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Traffic violators fined during Mega Traffic Lok Adalat, people asked to follow traffic rules to prevent accidents
- Coalition for Indigenes Rights Campaign Manipur observes National Repentance Day at Manipur palace
- Students injured as police baton-charge AMSU protestors demanding release of MOBC scholarship
- India will not develop without the development of the north east region: Babul Supriyo
- Forest minister Shyamkumar urges people to protect environment and plant trees on World Ozone day
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.