Imphal, 28 May 2017 ( Evening News ) : A woman was found dead under suspicious circumstances at Tera Soyam Leirak. The deceased woman who left behind a few weeks old son was found hanging at a rented house. Police halted the husband of the deceased from conducting the funeral of the woman near the river bank at TYC ground, New Lambulane, after people saw him conducting the funeral in a suspicious manner. The deceased is identified as Thounaojam ningol Shanti, 38 years. She was the second wife of R.K Modhusana 43 from Singjamei Wangma Torban. Police said the first wife of Modhusana, Oinam ningol Shanta, 44 years was also seen with him at the river bank. They were trying to burn the body without performing any traditional rituals. A team of Imphal West Police arrested R.K Modhusana and his first wife Oinam Shanta. Police has registered a case. Meanwhile a team of Forensic Experts visited the site and examined the body.
A woman was found dead under suspicious circumstances
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- In a shocking incident a 15-year old girl was shot dead in Moreh, family suspects one sided love angle behind the murder
- One day dialogue on establishing Manipur State Human Rights Commission stresses need to protect human rights
- Co-ordinating Committee of Polo Clubs urges govt to frame policy to save Manipuri pony
- 2 Congress MLAs Ksh. Biren and P. Brojen join BJP along with two MPCC office bearers
- H1N1 virus detected in Manipur, Health minister Jayentakumar says the infected person is admitted at Shija hospitals
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.