Imphal, 28 May 2017 ( Evening News ) : A woman was found dead under suspicious circumstances at Tera Soyam Leirak. The deceased woman who left behind a few weeks old son was found hanging at a rented house. Police halted the husband of the deceased from conducting the funeral of the woman near the river bank at TYC ground, New Lambulane, after people saw him conducting the funeral in a suspicious manner. The deceased is identified as Thounaojam ningol Shanti, 38 years. She was the second wife of R.K Modhusana 43 from Singjamei Wangma Torban. Police said the first wife of Modhusana, Oinam ningol Shanta, 44 years was also seen with him at the river bank. They were trying to burn the body without performing any traditional rituals. A team of Imphal West Police arrested R.K Modhusana and his first wife Oinam Shanta. Police has registered a case. Meanwhile a team of Forensic Experts visited the site and examined the body.
A woman was found dead under suspicious circumstances
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Sit-in protest against the arrest of Aribam Rikesh
- Congress Spokesperson Khumukcham Joykisan demands the state Govt to clarify if the ceasefire between NSCN-IM and Indian Govt includes Manipur
- Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren launches pradhan mantri dialysis programme; patients to receive free dialysis under the programme
- At least 2000 houses and paddy fields have been submerged under flood waters in Khundrakpam
- Minister Biswajit discusses trade prospects between Manipur and Baoshan in agriculture, hand-loom and handicrafts products
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.