Imphal, 28 May 2017 ( Evening News ) : A woman was found dead under suspicious circumstances at Tera Soyam Leirak. The deceased woman who left behind a few weeks old son was found hanging at a rented house. Police halted the husband of the deceased from conducting the funeral of the woman near the river bank at TYC ground, New Lambulane, after people saw him conducting the funeral in a suspicious manner. The deceased is identified as Thounaojam ningol Shanti, 38 years. She was the second wife of R.K Modhusana 43 from Singjamei Wangma Torban. Police said the first wife of Modhusana, Oinam ningol Shanta, 44 years was also seen with him at the river bank. They were trying to burn the body without performing any traditional rituals. A team of Imphal West Police arrested R.K Modhusana and his first wife Oinam Shanta. Police has registered a case. Meanwhile a team of Forensic Experts visited the site and examined the body.
A woman was found dead under suspicious circumstances
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Women vendors of Ima Market say no to formation of Autonomous Naga Territorial Council and Common Naga Cultural Body in Manipur by staging a Sit-In
- Opposition leader Ibobi says the day Congress and JDS alliance was invited to form Karnataka Government rescued the Country's democracy
- Clashes break out between Protestors and Police Personnal; one person injured during the 36 hour General Strike
- JAC's 36 hour General Strike over Imphal East District Hospital Sagolmang row, affects normal lives; Imphal City remains unaffected
- Single largest party in 11th Manipur Assembly election, Congress meet Governor; stake claim to form Government
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.