Imphal, 27 May 2017 ( Evening News ) : Manipur Traffic Police today conducted an traffic awareness cum drive at Keishampat, Chingmeirong, Kakwa and Kwakeithel by opening a mobile post. Traffic personnel checked riders of two-wheelers who violated traffic rules like riding without wearing helmets, triple riding and checked the documents of both two-wheelers and four wheelers. Although the penalty for riding without a license is 500 Rupees, people without licenses were fined 100 Rupees today. DSP Traffic, Imphal West, Ngasepam Ratna and traffic personnel presented handkerchief to riders who wore helmet and with proper documents. They also instructed drivers of four wheelers to fasten seat belts and two wheeler riders to wear helmets and carry driving licenses. Ngasekpam Ratna said drivers who violate traffic rules create problems to everyone on the road. She stated that the awareness cum drive aimed at ensuring that public follow the traffic rules religiously.
Traffic Police conducts traffic awareness cum drive in Imphal, fine those driving without license
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- CM Biren finally lands in Imphal safely this morning ; birds hit the flight he was on board yesterday
- CM Biren calls on Union Home Minister Rajnath; discussed about various issues and developmental works in the State
- 29th Driver’s day is being observed by paying tribute to the deceased drivers of the land across the state
- Minister Thongam Biswajit says the State Government targets to electrify the State by December this year
- Manipur revere Maharaja Ghambir Singh on his 184th death anniversary; CM Biren urged not to enter politics if one has no love for one's motherland
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.