Imphal, 27 May 2017 ( Evening News ) : Manipur Traffic Police today conducted an traffic awareness cum drive at Keishampat, Chingmeirong, Kakwa and Kwakeithel by opening a mobile post. Traffic personnel checked riders of two-wheelers who violated traffic rules like riding without wearing helmets, triple riding and checked the documents of both two-wheelers and four wheelers. Although the penalty for riding without a license is 500 Rupees, people without licenses were fined 100 Rupees today. DSP Traffic, Imphal West, Ngasepam Ratna and traffic personnel presented handkerchief to riders who wore helmet and with proper documents. They also instructed drivers of four wheelers to fasten seat belts and two wheeler riders to wear helmets and carry driving licenses. Ngasekpam Ratna said drivers who violate traffic rules create problems to everyone on the road. She stated that the awareness cum drive aimed at ensuring that public follow the traffic rules religiously.
Traffic Police conducts traffic awareness cum drive in Imphal, fine those driving without license
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Traffic violators fined during Mega Traffic Lok Adalat, people asked to follow traffic rules to prevent accidents
- Coalition for Indigenes Rights Campaign Manipur observes National Repentance Day at Manipur palace
- Students injured as police baton-charge AMSU protestors demanding release of MOBC scholarship
- India will not develop without the development of the north east region: Babul Supriyo
- Forest minister Shyamkumar urges people to protect environment and plant trees on World Ozone day
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.