Imphal, 20 May 2017 ( Evening News ) : JNIMS director Professor L. Deben has termed the allegation against him by Ningombam Romesh as baseless. It may be mentioned that Romesh, an attendant at the Radio-diagnosis Department, JNIMS was suspended for taking bribes from a patient after a complaint was lodged at the Anti-Corruption cell. Professor Deben asserted there is evidence against Romesh. He said there is a video recording taken while he was accepting bribes. Speaking to media persons at his office chamber this afternoon, Professor Deben said all funds from the patients should reach the cash counter, however on that particular day, Romesh kept the funds to himself. On receiving instructions from the anti-corruption cell, an investigation was carried out. Video Footages of Romesh receiving bribes were submitted by a few individuals. The director also said a committee was formed to probe the matter and Romesh was suspended after a thorough investigation. Professor Deben said Romesh himself saw the footages and asked for forgiveness. Deben appealed to media not to show JNIMS in a bad light.
JNIMS director Prof Deben asserts there is evidence against the suspended staff
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- 17th The Great June uprising & Unity Day observed
- Prime Minister Modi assures Union Government's assistance to Chief Ministers from flood-affected States
- Union Home Minister has directed the Home Secretary to provide immediate help for the flood affected people : CM Biren
- Health Minister affirms construction of District Hospitals at Sagolmang and Kyamgei
- National General Secretary of BJP, Arun Singh claims BJP will win both seats of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections 2019 in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.