Imphal, 20 May 2017 ( Evening News ) : JNIMS director Professor L. Deben has termed the allegation against him by Ningombam Romesh as baseless. It may be mentioned that Romesh, an attendant at the Radio-diagnosis Department, JNIMS was suspended for taking bribes from a patient after a complaint was lodged at the Anti-Corruption cell. Professor Deben asserted there is evidence against Romesh. He said there is a video recording taken while he was accepting bribes. Speaking to media persons at his office chamber this afternoon, Professor Deben said all funds from the patients should reach the cash counter, however on that particular day, Romesh kept the funds to himself. On receiving instructions from the anti-corruption cell, an investigation was carried out. Video Footages of Romesh receiving bribes were submitted by a few individuals. The director also said a committee was formed to probe the matter and Romesh was suspended after a thorough investigation. Professor Deben said Romesh himself saw the footages and asked for forgiveness. Deben appealed to media not to show JNIMS in a bad light.
JNIMS director Prof Deben asserts there is evidence against the suspended staff
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Sit-in protest against the arrest of Aribam Rikesh
- Congress Spokesperson Khumukcham Joykisan demands the state Govt to clarify if the ceasefire between NSCN-IM and Indian Govt includes Manipur
- Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren launches pradhan mantri dialysis programme; patients to receive free dialysis under the programme
- At least 2000 houses and paddy fields have been submerged under flood waters in Khundrakpam
- Minister Biswajit discusses trade prospects between Manipur and Baoshan in agriculture, hand-loom and handicrafts products
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.