Imphal, 20 May 2017 ( Evening News ) : JNIMS director Professor L. Deben has termed the allegation against him by Ningombam Romesh as baseless. It may be mentioned that Romesh, an attendant at the Radio-diagnosis Department, JNIMS was suspended for taking bribes from a patient after a complaint was lodged at the Anti-Corruption cell. Professor Deben asserted there is evidence against Romesh. He said there is a video recording taken while he was accepting bribes. Speaking to media persons at his office chamber this afternoon, Professor Deben said all funds from the patients should reach the cash counter, however on that particular day, Romesh kept the funds to himself. On receiving instructions from the anti-corruption cell, an investigation was carried out. Video Footages of Romesh receiving bribes were submitted by a few individuals. The director also said a committee was formed to probe the matter and Romesh was suspended after a thorough investigation. Professor Deben said Romesh himself saw the footages and asked for forgiveness. Deben appealed to media not to show JNIMS in a bad light.
JNIMS director Prof Deben asserts there is evidence against the suspended staff
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
- Students sustain injury as agitating students burn effigies and storm CM’s bungalow
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.