Imphal, 15 April 2017 ( Evening News ) : In what may be described as the first sign of a crack in the BJP-led Manipur government, Health Minister L. Jayentakumar tendered his resignation yesterday. The NPP leader submitted his resignation letter to Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren. In his resignation letter, Jayentakumar said he was not consulted before the suspension of the health director, Dr O. Ibomcha. Dr Ibomcha was suspended recently. Putting that down as the reason for his resignation, Jayentakumar said the manner in which the health director was suspended was an interference in his work as a minister. The BJP is leading a coalition government in Manipur after finishing second in this year's Assembly elections. Congress won 28 of Manipur's 60 Assembly seats. The BJP managed to put together a majority with the support of four MLAs each of National People's Party, NPP, Naga People's Front, one from Trinamool Congress, one Independent and one Congress MLA who defected to the BJP. With the majority, the BJP was able to install the N Biren Singh-led government, which completes one month in office today. This is the first BJP-led government in Manipur. Chief Minister N. Biren Singh is in Odisha to participate in the BJP's National Executive.
Minister Jayentakumar refuses to divulge reason behind his resignation, to wait until chief minister returns
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- In a shocking incident a 15-year old girl was shot dead in Moreh, family suspects one sided love angle behind the murder
- One day dialogue on establishing Manipur State Human Rights Commission stresses need to protect human rights
- Co-ordinating Committee of Polo Clubs urges govt to frame policy to save Manipuri pony
- 2 Congress MLAs Ksh. Biren and P. Brojen join BJP along with two MPCC office bearers
- H1N1 virus detected in Manipur, Health minister Jayentakumar says the infected person is admitted at Shija hospitals
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.